PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naples Air Centre INC, Florida
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2004, 20:47
Sensible

Flies for fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

JABI, I suppose it is free advertising since I didn’t pay for it but then my post wasn’t solicited by the folks at NAC either.

Regarding the “pamper” and “preferential treatment” I suppose that I did - if you consider getting a reprimand for returning the airplane 1 hour late on one occasion as “pamper” and “preferential treatment”! As I said in my post, I flew at 8,500ft over the ocean so would have had plenty of time in the event of engine failure to do all the restart checks, send mayday, write will and don lifejacket etc etc. The lifejacket didn’t appeal to me as a fashion accessory so I wasn’t keen to get it out of it’s pack anyway! I’m puzzled why somebody should want to get the lifejacket out of it’s protective pouch when the engine is still running?? Personally I would prefer a pristine lifejacket in a pack than an old chaffed thing thrust at me! The neat pack only reinforces my view that the school is well managed. Good schools are hard to find that is for sure and this one is worthy of mention because in my view it is extremely good!

JABI, I think you need the smell of aviation fuel, blue skys, sunshine and a warm climate to flush away those sour grapes!

For what it’s worth, my posting is about NAC which is a JAA training establishment and I consider that I have posted in the correct forum – only my opinion again mind!

So far as disappointments are concerned, many punters are ready to blame the school and/or others when they have forgotten the seven P’s which are essential to observe in life and especially aviation – Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents P!ss Poor Performance.

I can only speak as I find and I have done exactly that!