PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FedEx 757
Thread: FedEx 757
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2023, 19:03
BFSGrad

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by stilton
Never heard of gear up landing performance data, you’d have to deliberately land gear up during flight test to provide that which would be expensive
Point of my query was not for Boeing to go out and scuff up some airframes to collect empirical data so pilots can have gear-up landing performance data in their EFBs. Just seems to me that some basic modeling could come up with some ballpark slide distances given a few parameters such as airframe type, runway condition (dry/wet), landing weight, and landing ground speed. Entirely possible Fedex ops could call up Boeing and say, “we’ve got a 757 landing gear up in 30 minutes, what can you tell us?” and Boeing’s answer would be, “I just want to tell you both, good luck, we’re all counting on you.”

Some ADS-B data: runway 20 threshold ground speed 146 kts, touchdown speed 145 kts, touchdown point about 2,000 ft past threshold (just past intersecting runways), speed exiting runway 101 kts (that last data point seems suspect). Aircraft had about another 500 feet of margin before it exited the airport property and crossed a public road.