PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot sacked for snorting coke from, err, well...and then trying to fly home.
Old 7th Oct 2023, 08:27
OvertHawk

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by glekichi
Not to condone the actions at all, but was he actually under the influence of the drug? Story reads like he had plenty of time to sleep it off. The test on arrival back home would have shown recent use but not impairment AFAIK.
Lack of judgement, absolutely, on many counts.
Ilegal, yes.
Operating (or attempting to operate) under the influence though? I'm not really convinced on that one.

I'd suggest the fact that he thought it was a good idea to send another member of the crew a text message announcing that he'd been taking Cocaine the night before is indicative of him being still under the influence.

As others have said - you don't just "sleep off" Coke. The effects of the drug itself and the secondary effects of your body whilst it recovers are significant and can run into days.

I really am struggling to understand the people that are trying to suggest this is not a big deal! Setting aside the drugs element (which I don't) he deserves to be sacked for being an idiot for boasting about it.