PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go-around A320 Slats /Flaps Jammed
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2023, 07:50
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedwinner
Thanks folks,

so basically, if i stay i keep the setup and the max speed minus 10. When i divert out of the go around i do change the config setting when initiating the go around right? So goaround-flaps?
Yes. Basically if you end up going around and have already briefed a second attempt you will keep the config for any type of flaps/slats jam.
If You have briefed that in case of go around you would start a diversion then it is according to the type of jam you have as discussed above. If you can clean up, then it will be a normal go around profile with GA/Flaps.
One of the main points to remember of this failure is that you don't want to fly with Flaps extended and no Slats.

Generally speaking Slats/Flaps failure are often practiced in the SIM during takeoff when you do have plenty of fuel and no time pressure at all; actually quite the opposite as burning fuel and decreasing your weight is quite beneficial in that scenario.
Issues start if jams occur during final approach at or just slightly above minimum diversion fuel; that's where an adequate workload management will be essential to get out of troubles, especially if the destination is a short runway.