PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot sacked for snorting coke from, err, well...and then trying to fly home.
Old 3rd Oct 2023, 09:15
jumpseater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thetimesreader84

Having his name dragged through the papers is, in my opinion, far too much. Every time he goes for a job & tries to get his life back together, even outside Aviation, his misdeeds are just a Google search away. He has my sympathy in that, sole, regard.
If the quoted CV is correct then with his technology background, he of all people will have known the potential of digital data to provide evidence in many forms. Once you press ‘send’ you have lost control of that data/information/images, there is no guarantee the recipient will keep that information secure. There are previous prosecutions for emergency services employees sharing images of incidents they were attending, or receiving them and sharing them further. So if you’re dozy enough to send personal compromising messages that can be captured, I can’t see why that might deserve sympathy, particularly bearing in mind his professional experience regarding web activity.

He has the legal option of course of a deed poll name change. I suspect that may be a good option for him, and maybe his immediate family too. I do have particular sympathy for them, as they will be subject to the Google search, school gate, and village gossip which they almost certainly don’t deserve.