PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 22:55
Global Aviator

Received 133 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandy Reith
It should not be forgotten that following the loss of his flying school Glen was prevented by CASA from working as an instructor.

The means used was to threaten the prospective employer. This displays the outrageous arrogance and vindictiveness of a regulator that has had no direct Ministerial control for more than 30 years.
One of the reasons that Glens case sparked my support is this happened to me in a very similar way over a decade ago. A veiled threat of if he stays then the action will proceed, if he goes then the action goes. Personal vendettas SHOULD NOT BE tolerated in a regulatory body (by the way I left and so did the companies CASA problem).

Go get ‘em Glen! Like the current pilot shortage is real I don’t think anyone has built such a strong case against CASA.

Civil Aviation Safety Authority still the best oxymoron!

(note many times I have stated that it was the extreme small minority that are the cancer of this place, I have nothing but huge praise and thanks for the majority of the good guys and gals).

The following users liked this post: