PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot sacked for snorting coke from, err, well...and then trying to fly home.
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 18:57
beamer

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by a797
This guy clearly made a series of catastrophic, idiotic, dumb, indefensible decisions and has paid for it dearly.

Undoubtedly going through utter humiliation, front page of tabloids around the world and his face shown in disgrace on news channels broadcasts. Everyone who knows him personally and professionally discussing his stupidity.

Call me a bleeding heart liberal but if there's any place where he might receive a tiny but of compassion, it would be here, amongst his peers. Yes what he did was completely indefensible but due to the extreme nature of it I wonder if mental health issues played a part.

His life is destroyed already, I'm not personally rushing to stick a knife into him further and I hope he sorts his life out and doesn't end up back on the front page of the newspapers in tragic circumstances.
I’m not too sure how people on this Board could actually be classified as ‘peers’ these days.