PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot sacked for snorting coke from, err, well...and then trying to fly home.
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 12:37
Right20deg

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordomac
I see my earlier question was answered. Thought so. Boasting to all and sundry, including current and ex's. Obviously needed a pat on the back.

Of wider interest, to me, says a lot about widening the net and opening doors. BOAC and BEA were choice. They merged. It was called BA. There was BA Overseas division and dear old BA European Division. Separately formed was BA Regional division. That opened a backdoor for people who were really Cambrian and Northeast.

Point of all this ? This chap is described as a BA pilot.

Reading his CV, looks like a so-called "self improver" who got into BA City Flyer. You can paint BA on the side of anything but you might not be of the old, direct school.

Probably hurt a lot of BOAC bods to change their wings to BA. This Guy, being reported as a BA pilot probably hurts a lot of the old-school, real BA pilots.

Oh, I was Northeast. Loved changing my uniform to BA but at BEA Uniform Store where I first got my BKS wings. Loved being called a BA pilot but felt a bit of a fraud as I failed part one of Hamble selection for BOAC/BEA.( Still don't talk proper and eat peas wiv me knife)

All in all, gives a bad impression of the corporate identity.
I know exactly what you mean. Things really changed. We have our Hamble 50th next year, but they have wrecked the village identity, but left the pubs alone !