PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2023, 22:24
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by firstlast5
Hello guys!! I was just trying to find out more info on the Speedbird programme when I stumbled upon this website pprune? I read all of the comments here (nearly 500) and I just wanted to inform some people about things they said in earlier comments. I have no idea how this site quote thing works so I'll just say some stuff and the relevant people can read and understand that what they claim probably isn't the case. I'm still in sixth form, not 18 yet but will be just before the speed bird training starts (I'm eligible, I promise) and just finished applying to universities but I thought I might just give this programme a shot since why not?….!!
Although I appreciate that you are new to PPRuNe, your mini version of war & peace takes some reading due to the lack of paragraphs.
Think about presentation?

At the age of 18 the chances of being accepted are probably slim unless you are really something very special aka “ace of the base”.
Go to university, join the UAS, complete your degree (avoid the underwater basket weaving variants) & if your passion for aviation remains reapply.
I suspect BA are short of flightdeck crews given the opportunity for DEP LHS, & will remain so for some time.