PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot sacked for snorting coke from, err, well...and then trying to fly home.
Old 1st Oct 2023, 16:38
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Boeingdriver999
I think what is more interesting to observe is that he felt comfortable detailing his behaviour in a written/recorded format to a fellow crew member within the same time frame as the trip/return leg. To me; that says a lot more about the company culture surrounding such behaviour.

If this was an outlier in terms of actions/bahviour then wouldn't they know well enough to keep it to themselves and not broadcast it in a format that can be recorded? The contents of the texts appear to me as if it is the bragging report of some regular antics down-route.

*I'm leaving in the spelling error because it made me laugh
I really can't speak for the current climate at BA since I'm not there anymore but what's been described in the MSM most certainly wasn't regular down-route antics.

As for the pilot detailing what supposedly went on into writing that night to anybody, let alone a fellow crew member.....I really really can't begin to think what on earth motivated that.