PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot sacked for snorting coke from, err, well...and then trying to fly home.
Old 1st Oct 2023, 15:13
PC767

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Stuart Sutcliffe
There have been several posts made in this thread, discussing why the now disgraced pilot would discuss his exploits with a member of the cabin crew. I can't have been the only one, surely, to have noted the single sentence comment (highlighted in the attached screen-capture, taken from The Sun article linked in the opening post of this thread)? This comment, made by the female cabin crew member in the opening remarks of their fateful digital conversation, strongly suggests that she and the pilot were already engaged in some sort of relationship outside of his marriage.

The pilot seems to have thought that discussing other illicit down-route goings-on with her would be just fine, as the pair of them were likely already indulging in, or had previously had, an extra-marital relationship. In any event, he was stupid enough to risk his marriage and career.

Additionally, he clearly doesn't have the critical reasoning ability to see the danger in writing to her about his illegal behavior. It seems to be a trait common to many who have grown up closely with, and live their lives on, the internet - they don't seem to have a clue about where rational boundaries lie.

He has now permanently removed himself from employability as a professional pilot. With his photos all over the internet, employment of any meaningful sort is going to be very difficult!
I haven't seen the texts reproduced in the Sun. Are they screen shots or a mock up? My interpretation of 'naughtier than us' is that the statement referred to 'us' as the cabin crew, rather than 'us' as a couple. 'Right get ready....' suggests than he knew he was going to blow the cabin crew 'us' antics out of the water. Perhaps he was trying to impress this particular cabin crew member and the opposite occured.