PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2023, 08:50
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grumpy1
We have previously seen attempts to deflect attention from the poor passenger numbers by introducing movements. The Business Plan that was used to explain and justify the huge tax payer investment did not do so on the basis that the number on light aircraft going round and round in the circuit would be maintained. In fact has the airport not discouraged the tiddlers?
The Business Plan predicted a 10 fold increase in passenger numbers by now. As Covid is now behind us it would be nice if the mayor or others would explain what went wrong.
Again Grumpy I was responding to a direct comment regarding the reason for an airport.
which does have knock on effects to performance and experience.
For instance dealing with multiple tyes of aircraft make it much harder for ATC to integrate the traffic. Which can lead to delays.
Yes the distinction from aerodrome to airport is usually passengers - (commercial activity)
I agree that some targets were overly ambitious, but the whole enterpise is moving in the right direction.

I think it's a little unfair to have a go at MME for winning an award. Especially the comments that that award was bought (which are unfounded).
The saying goes you have to be in it to win it. MME were and did and the panel appear to be independent so why go after the place? If they didn't win you'd be pointing the finger asking why didn't they or word to that effect.
MME are damned if they do and damned if they don't with alot on here.