PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot sacked for snorting coke from, err, well...and then trying to fly home.
Old 30th Sep 2023, 17:03
BFSGrad

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Boeingdriver999
I think what is more interesting to observe is that he felt comfortable detailing his behaviour in a written/recorded format to a fellow crew member within the same time frame as the trip/return leg. To me; that says a lot more about the company culture surrounding such behaviour.
Thought the same. Odd that a pilot (and a married man with a child) would be at ease detailing this type of behavior to a fellow crew member.

Throughout this topic, there’s been a discussion about the evils of alcohol/drug addiction. I’ve not seen any information establishing this pilot had an addiction to either. You can abuse drugs and alcohol without being an addict.

Does BA specifically and the airlines in general conduct random drug testing? If so, how many times can a crew member expect random testing during a year? During my time in the military, I was tested at least a couple times a year and some times as much as twice per month.