PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2023
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2023, 06:32
Nemoclown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolutionary
Word. Probably one of the lads that didn't make the cut for the afternoon interview lol. Asking if someone would like to share weather they found it rather tough and generally how they found it isn't "getting advantage of preparedness", After all it's not about competing with other applicants its about individually meeting the requirements they have when it comes to grading.
I actually did make the afternoon, thanks. Sorry if I misunderstood what you were looking for, in that case to answer your question I actually really enjoyed the day! But I have to disagree with you about your last sentence - the captain himself who's running the assessment days said that lots of people who are brilliant and meet all the requirements won't be picked, just purely because the competition is so high and you have to be "very lucky as well as brilliant" to make it. So I have to disagree and say we are very much competing with one another.
And on that note in response to another comment above - nobody has got the final "yes" yet, nor will they for at least 3 weeks I'd say. Aer Lingus are doing this fairly and reviewing all candidates together at the end. I say fairly, this will probably give a tiny advantage to those in the last week because they will be best remembered, but there is no way to do this process 100% fairly - as the captain said there is luck involved!