PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot sacked for snorting coke from, err, well...and then trying to fly home.
Old 29th Sep 2023, 16:04
Lonewolf_50

Received 446 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally Posted by Hearmenow
If I bumped into Margot Robbie whilst drunk and she asked me if I wanted to do the same as the BA Pilot..... I'd struggle to say no, bet that's just me though.
You probably are not alone.
Absolutely 100% certain I would not be stupid enough to tell CC the full details and then expect it to remain quiet.
That strikes me as this gent's second mistake. (The first was not being mindful of his duty status).
Originally Posted by Uplinker
However, boasting about his antics on social media does not seem to me to be the actions of an alcoholic, who I thought tended to be secretive about such things?
Own goal, in any event.
I agree; his lack of judgement and lack of responsible thinking while at work - given his job - is what is really worrying about this.
Indeed. The "first mistake" I allude to up there.
Is seems very odd to me that someone clever enough to pass an ATPL course and the British Airways pilot assessment process would almost immediately engage in such questionable behaviours and substances - and do so while actually being at work, (as opposed to privately at home). How many other young new pilots share this mindset?
Personnel departments in most airlines may wonder that as well.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 29th Sep 2023 at 16:24.