PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot sacked for snorting coke from, err, well...and then trying to fly home.
Old 29th Sep 2023, 13:50
Uplinker

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts
Thank you to Capt. Prouse for providing an insight to alcoholism. Well if this (BA) guy is an alcoholic, I hope he gets some help.

However, boasting about his antics on social media does not seem to me to be the actions of an alcoholic, who I thought tended to be secretive about such things?

I agree; his lack of judgement and lack of responsible thinking while at work - given his job - is what is really worrying about this.

He is young, and a two striper, so presumably has fairly recently joined BA and would have been drug tested and screened on joining ? Developing into an alcoholic from then to now seems to be short time frame - barely time to have accumulated problems with relationships, divorce, housing etc, one might think ? - especially while he had the security of a BA job and income.

Is seems very odd to me that someone clever enough to pass an ATPL course and the British Airways pilot assessment process would almost immediately engage in such questionable behaviours and substances - and do so while actually being at work, (as opposed to privately at home). How many other young new pilots share this mindset?