PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2023, 09:33
Pilotguy85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Donut_Ring
I guess it must be, it would be nice to know the reason why to get some closure. I checked my CV and to me it looks quite strong considering they only want 5 GCSEs. I’m also confident I got 100% on the checking and numerical tests, hence my confusion, but maybe they just don’t like something about my application.

Best of luck to those who did get selected though.
One of the webinars mentioned about the 6 GCSE thing. It was largely the fact that the ATPL study is similar to the way you study for GCSE level (large amount of content, not tons of depth - unlike at A level). Although the whole aim of the programme is to "remove barriers" - financial or otherwise.

Second factor is the attention to detail, they also mentioned that in webinars. They explicitly said get your CV and motivation Q answer checked by various people as they suggested grammatical errors or other errors would not be looked on favourably. If you want this opportunity, then you'll do anything possible (within reason) to follow their instructions.

Lots of people said "it's not fair I couldn't log in to the webinar as I was at work etc.." - if you wanted the chance of being in this programme, then take the day off work?

With probably 10,000 applicants, they have probably removed 5-7,000 already through SJT, Maths or error checking issues or just refusal for various requirements reasons (not uploading supporting docs possibly? although some have got through without uploading).

Anyone know how many will get through to Waterside interview? I can't imagine they would have capacity for more than 200 being whittled down to 70?