PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2023, 19:43
PPRuNeUser0195

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alanga1991
Lads and ladies. It’s really as easy as this: BA would have received THOUSANDS of applications for a scheme that was only opened a week. I would even hazard to say minimum TENS of thousands! They can afford to be picky. You don’t submit your 6 GCSEs but submit a DEGREE instead? Cut! Why? Cos they can. But also, you CAN get a degree without having 6 GCSEs. So just cos you have one doesn’t mean you qualify. Don’t tailor your CV to the role/airline. Cut! Why? Cos they can. But also cos you clearly don’t want it enough. Uploading your CV which you last updated last year, regardless of experience doesn’t show preparedness for this role. That’s lazy, sorry. You don’t take time to write, edit and proof-read your 250-word motivation question? Cut! Why? Duh?! Do I need to say more? 🤣🤣 So yes you CAN smash the tests and still not make it just because they’re not only looking for someone who can do 25 Qs in 17mins and can spot a few errors. These are all tests assessing different pilot competencies and behaviours. So anyone unsure as to why they didn’t make it despite ‘smashing’ the tests, that could be why
Exactly. Nail on the head. People here are just making excuses because they didn’t put enough effort in. Tailoring a CV is absolute basics, you need to sell yourself at every opportunity and being generic isn’t good enough. Similarly answering why you want to be a pilot with “I’ve always wanted to be a pilot” isn’t good enough. So do the other 10,000 people applying.