PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascent Flight Training Hiring At RAF Valley
Old 28th Sep 2023, 15:10
Lucifer Morningstar

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Slightly above what any of the other contractors at RAF Valley are offering probably - that game has been played there for many years.
The term 'competitive' means in direct comparison to something else. The issue here is that Ascent can argue, with some justification, that as the role does not require a license, that is it fair pay for such a position as there is no direct comparison. I have always thought that the fact an applicant needs to be an experienced ex-military instructor significantly outweighs that argument as there are thousands of licensed pilots around, but they can't be instructors at Valley. I think they rely heavily on applicants having a pension to give them a resonable wage.

In any event, the pay as I understand it is around low to mid 60's per annum. Now, compare this to Canada, where SkyAlyne has won the Future Aircrew Training Contract and will be providing elementary, basic, rotary, multi and ACSO/AESOP training to the RCAF. They have a huge need for civilian QFI's and the salary is going to be more than double that paid by Ascent.

The following users liked this post: