PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2023, 11:26
stnly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Donut_Ring
Good morning all

A bit of a long shot but I was hoping to get peoples thoughts and hopefully some clarity about my application.

I received a rejection email this morning but I’m really puzzled as to why. I’m very confident I scored highly on the assessments, and in addition to that I have 2 degrees in engineering as well as 5 years experience in gas turbine design working on products that BA uses. However, to my surprise I have not been successful in the first stage.

None of the above entitles me to a job by any means, but I’m really not sure why I have been unsuccessful at such an early stage in the process, as I feel like I’ve ticked all of the boxes to at least go to interview.

The only thing was I didn’t upload my GCSE documents, as I didn’t have them to hand, but in place I uploaded my BEng and MSc diplomas. Do you think the system could have auto rejected given there were no GCSE evidence?

Again, I really don’t want this to come across as entitled, I just feel I performed very strongly on the assessment and have a good set of experience which is all they have seen at this stage - so I’m really confused why I have been unsuccessful at the first stage.

any thoughts on the situation would be really appreciated.
I think it's very unlikely that any human has looked at any applications before submission of the video interview. Therefore it's very unlikely that you were rejected because of simply not uploading the right documentation. It sounds as if you might not have performed as well as you thought you might have on the online tests, so certainly something to work on next time.

That said, having experienced the online assessments this time around will only set you up for success next time, so take heart in that. You can use your experience to direct your prep in the future.