PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2023, 10:12
Donut_Ring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning all

A bit of a long shot but I was hoping to get peoples thoughts and hopefully some clarity about my application.

I received a rejection email this morning but I’m really puzzled as to why. I’m very confident I scored highly on the assessments, and in addition to that I have 2 degrees in engineering as well as 5 years experience in gas turbine design working on products that BA uses. However, to my surprise I have not been successful in the first stage.

None of the above entitles me to a job by any means, but I’m really not sure why I have been unsuccessful at such an early stage in the process, as I feel like I’ve ticked all of the boxes to at least go to interview.

The only thing was I didn’t upload my GCSE documents, as I didn’t have them to hand, but in place I uploaded my BEng and MSc diplomas. Do you think the system could have auto rejected given there were no GCSE evidence?

Again, I really don’t want this to come across as entitled, I just feel I performed very strongly on the assessment and have a good set of experience which is all they have seen at this stage - so I’m really confused why I have been unsuccessful at the first stage.

any thoughts on the situation would be really appreciated.