PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2023, 22:10
jeepys

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I do wish Hill success but unfortunately there are too many unanswered questions for me to really believe in it.
People have mentioned that he might have some Ex F1 composite guys on board for the fuselage. If that's the case, then tell us (and show us) rather than standing in front of the camera going through the various steps of the build entirely by yourself trying to make people believe your engineering expertise runs across rotor blade design, engine design, composite structure, gearbox design, hydraulics, electrics etc etc. Yeah sure, he's an intelligent chap, but professional engineers have expertise in one or maybe two areas, not 10. If he has a team of professional engineers with vast expertise in these areas, show and tell as it would give more credibility.

There is a reason why Bell, Agusta, Airbus, Boeing, McD, Embraer, Robinson, Sikorsky and every other aircraft manufacturer use engines designed and built by someone other than themselves. This is another question I have.

I expect he will try and make the tyres as well!!!

Yes, homebuilt fixed wing aircraft are plentiful and some are excellent, like the Vans series for example, however the stresses on a helicopter are completely different and as Crab said, when something lets go, it can often be catastrophic.

One more question, sorry. Many if not most of those that have invested into this are succesful people with some spare cash to chuck about. Would they sell there services, products or whatever there business is for a third of the price they could command? I don't think so, otherwise they wouldn't be so wealthy. If the HX50 can do everything Hill says it can do, he could sell it for three times the price.

Crab, what pie is it?
The following users liked this post: