PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Forgotten Modular ATPL Student
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2023, 10:52
FuturePilot_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris the Robot
I'm going to be putting in for all of the sponsored schemes I'm eligible for as they become available, no family commitments etc. at the moment so I have options.

I faced "astronaut odds" for two out of the last three jobs I've been in, the one which didn't have such odds was an internal promotion. Hopefully the likes of Jet2, Easyjet, Loganair etc. will join the ranks of airlines offering sponsored training and there will be 5-6 opportunities per year to apply. Any sought after job will have plenty of people applying in the internet age.

One question worth asking I think is how ATPL theory schools log the 650 hours of study which must be completed for the course. I don't suppose it would be possible for someone who is saving up to buy all of the ATPL theory books, sit no exams (to remain eligible for sponsored programmes) and study the subjects over and over again for a few years so that they memorise as much of it as possible before smashing all of the exams within a timeframe of two or three months?
There is a requirement for 10% of the hours to be live tuition (65 hours). Bristol Groundschool cover this time via revision weeks (which I highly recommend).