PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2023, 10:24
PowerPedal

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Unskilled labour involved in the creation of the crucial component of the aircraft, the monocoque fuselage, who could see a problem with that?
being negative again Crabby!

The HX50 will be exactly the same as the certified HC50 version, and built to certification standards, but with the following differences:
1. it will be available several years earlier
2. it will be significantly cheaper
3. the purchaser will be involved in the final assembly
4. it cannot be used for any commercial purposes
5. it cannot be retrospectively certified.

It’s tempting to get caught up in the details of exactly what the owner will be contributing to the build to comply with the 51% rule, but I think at the end of the day this will essentially just involve assembly. There are so many items exempt from this 51% and I very much doubt that any customers will actually be laying up carbon fibre!

I am actually really looking forward to the assembly of my own machine as it will allow a much deeper understanding of it.

I have absolutely no interest in x-hiring my HX50 commercially etc. Or moonlighting a few charters! I will be the only one that will be flying my ship, and purely for private recreation and travel so not at all bothered by the lack of certification, provided it is designed and built to the same standards. Would rather get it sooner and cheaper.