PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2023, 10:00
PPRuNeUser0195

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desertghost
You clearly see no value in secondary education, something to which everyone in Britain has access, regardless of money or motivation. By the way it's spelt 'doesn't' and 'don't'.
What about full time carers? People who have to leave to work and support others financially? People who failed GCSEs and A levels weren’t an option at the time, but have subsequently gained their GCSEs? There is value in secondary education of course but not everyone has the same opportunities you had. My current job requires only GCSEs and I can tell you it’s a lot more stressful and challenging than most other jobs going. I also work with people more intelligent than the majority of the population. So no, A Levels or a degree aren’t a pre cursor to success.

And for what it’s worth on the motivation for the job I had about 6 paragraphs to begin with and had to cut it down. So the people on here who didn’t pass need to own it and improve for next time. I also had the same lagging on the maths test and finished with minutes to spare. If I haven’t passed the interview I will learn from it, and take it away for the next time I apply to a scheme. The kind of individuals who can’t own the fact they failed something and blame others don’t deserves a career in flying and will very quickly be found out. Owning mistakes is essential in aviation to promote a safe flying culture.

Far too many sour people on here.