PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2023, 21:06
Alanga1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desertghost
Sure, like so many others I'd always aspired to be a pilot but also had to be realistic and pay the bills hence my current career, I have a PPL - the maximum flying experience allowed. But honestly they've set the barrier to entry so low it makes you wonder about the credibility of the course, you'd like to think the people flying for BA at least have a few A levels. Perhaps I should be suggesting BA as a possible career path for my less academic students.
having a "masters from Cambridge" doesn't make you anymore qualified than someone with "only GCSEs". Barrier to entry is low yes, but it's meant to be inclusive that's the point. They're spreading their net wide in the hopes of getting some very talented young people who will spend 45+ years as a BA pilot. That's some serious ROI. Also I'll day again: at this early stage a human hasn't looked at your application yet. So regardless of our impressive backgrounds if we can't pass the entry tests we shall not pass. PS: I'm a secondary school English teacher also with a masters, a PPL and an impressive CV. All that means nothing if we fall at the first hurdle. Good luck with your hour building