PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2023, 07:12
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Preaching to the converted I know but as most reading this accept as part of their working day - how would you justify your actions in court?

And on this episode of ‘Air Crash Investigators’ we look at…

How would the management ‘team’ at Qf over the last 20 years (Joyce mastered the game but realistically he’s a Johnny come lately to the root cause) perform under the scrutiny of such an episode?

Consider that - for a minute - before most who are reading this have to justify their jobs in every single thing they do every minute they are at work. Aside from killing people (and lots of them - all at once) there are company manuals that would stack near meters high telling you how you must behave.

I haven’t seen any evidence in any single QF manual how it is acceptable for anyone to take company property to the tune of $120m and not suffer summary dismissal and criminal consequences.

As everyone knows - the entire management ‘team’ is equally to blame.

I’d take great delight in having the cash to spend on an ‘Air Crash Investigation’ into Qantas over the last 20 years… Even for home viewing it would be riveting.

^^^ ‘They’ don’t know what’s broken’. And when they might discover it (spelt out in almost millions of Engagement Surveys) they will not want to accept it because that involves undoing the very damage they caused. And that damage is SERIOUSLY expensive to fix. It took decades to build and ‘they’ trashed it in 20 years! Bonuses wont look so good and profits minimal - share price $2 etc etc. This is a serious ‘come to Jesus’ moment.