PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2023, 06:11
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
V-Jet said at #334:

The problem is, I don't think 'they' have a clue about what they've actually done. I think 'they' have been so focused on making changes on spreadsheets that they've forgotten what Qantas actually is. Or was. That's why they can tell everyone that they are sorry and will fix the customer experience. The customer experience is the result of everything else (that 'they've' wrecked) not the beginning.
​​​​​​​V-Jet is 1,000% correct, and ‘they’ absolutely don’t have a clue about what they’ve done, because they appear to have been preoccupied with how much money they can make for themselves out of the business rather than concentrating on not pissing off customers, providing excellent service, looking after staff, and maintaining a stellar reputation.

What astounds me is Goyder’s incurious and myopic perception of events that have led to the crisis at Qantas, and which are totally divorced from the reality that the Board’s ineptitude and wilful blindness to what was happening seems to have largely contributed to those problems.

And all that the half-arsed disingenuous ‘Sorry’ and ‘We’re working hard to fix things’ is doing is, as Global Aviator says, polishing the turd, and not addressing WHY or HOW things were so comprehensively trashed in the first place.

The reality is that ‘they’ should stop making empty apologies and start to focus on fixing what’s broken, rather than just concentrating on how much they can enrich themselves and get away with it.
The following 3 users liked this post by SIUYA: