PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let' s all wish this young man a safe journey
Old 24th Sep 2023, 02:48
Clare Prop

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts
It also highlights how silly it is to have one medical rule for RA and another for GA.

Hayden is the sort of person we need in the industry, resourceful and focused and would be an asset to many employers. Compare his attitude to the entitled VET generation who wear gold bars before they have even gone solo. Here's an interview with him from a few months back. aUpdate | Q & A with Hayden McDonald, creator of Wings Without Barriers (autismawareness.com.au)

Interestingly, CASA do seem to have removed all reference to autism from their website now, although it is still mentioned on the current Form 420 on the first page though the footer just says "ADHD Questionnaire", I guess proof reading it is for next year's KPIs; so if they are still denying him a medical it is even more disgraceful.
Form 420 - ADHD Instructors Questionnaire (casa.gov.au)

Re physical disability, it is possible for a paraplegic to get a medical and I have personally checked people out for the Wheelies with Wings scholarships, there is a Cherokee mod that allows them to be flown with just hand controls. My job is to make sure they can enter and exit without assistance. Home – Wheelies with Wings