PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 24th Sep 2023, 00:53
43Inches

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by Omega471
Rex are our own worst enemy. Stop blaming QF for our problems!! Just compete. Ask the hard questions. Why are pilots leaving. Give us a reason to stay. Give us some career progression.

Out last EBA negotiations ended with PIA. Why are they so combative??

I have an active EOI to move across to the 73 operation. I’m a Saab Captain and have been jumped for a 73 slot by FOUR CPL holding FO’s….. Nice guys, but give me a break. Rewarding guys for not being able to get their subjects competed, WTF…..

Ask me again why are guys looking elsewhere???

ITS NOT THAT HARD!!!!!
The 737 progression is one thing, but what are they doing to make a Captain like yourself think twice about leaving when there are no 737 slots? All I've seen mentioned here is an offer of $30k over 2 years to go live in BFN, but what is being done to slow those wanting to move on in Sydney/Melbourne/Adelaide, that have no interest in working out of base. It looks like they almost want those bases to just empty and close down. Considering I'm hearing that some pilots are possibly making way over $50k in callouts and such, seems like they can afford at least that much for retention.

I would not be suprised though if Rex thinks it can fix it's morale problems by getting rid of all it's current pilots and starting again, they are probably thick enough to think something like that would work, but without fixing the structural issues within the company the cycle will just continue in a downwards spiral.

When you have ex pilots warning new pilots to stay away and go work for a dodgy 210 operator instead it's telling.