PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2023, 21:37
framer

Received 494 Likes on 132 Posts
I agree with Ollie. Many staff have put so much effort into the Qantas brand over decades that they have woven Qantas into their personal identity. It’s become a part of who they are, what their story is. And now, that part of them is being severely criticised in the media every day, the public has turned against it, their financial position is taking repeated hits, and their Executive staff have caused it all. To many staff it feels like all of these things are “happening to them”. The staff who don’t feel like that have separated themselves from the business as a method of self protection. To be left out of the sentence when apologies are being handed out, multiple times, feels very bad and no doubt severs the last threads of engagement some staff are connected to Qantas by.
If I was VH I would not only apologise to all staff for letting them down publicly and making their lives uncomfortable, but I would make some grand gesture to back it up. I’m thinking 10% of Group profit split evenly between all eligible staff for the next three years running. Something that creates another thread of connection or she’ll lose the lot. Shareholders will understand this under the current circumstances.
The following 5 users liked this post by framer: