PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2023, 21:02
Plain1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot_dude

He does think that having a computer decide whether you’re successful or not for next stages is ridiculous...

I understand why companies (aviation or not) do this, it's easier to make a website and have that sort the wheat from the chaff. (And I'm sure some applicants are below even chaff levels!) I've had this on various job applications over the year.

But, they always feel like they are set up by people who THINK they know what a job requires, rather than by people who ACTUALLY do the job day to day and make a hundred marginal judgement calls based on what's in front of them and do just fine. If you've ever had to deal with the public in a setting like face to face retail you know that there's often no "one size fits all" response to every scenario. So to have a rigid "choose 1 from these 4 options" Where 2 are obviously nonsense and 2 would probably be fine in 99.99% of situations in the real world does probably result in a lot of potential very good candidates falling by the wayside because the test is badly set up.

Such is life