PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 07:43
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
^^^^^ What blubak said ^^^^^ Times a hundred!

Possible caveat is that customers seem to have only kicked up a stink very recently. She's got to turn around an entire workforce that she has spent 15 years ruining the lives of. That's a tough ask, but she is right on one thing - that will take time!

I doubt Vanessa has even started to grasp what it is she has done to the company over the last 10-15 years. I suspect she has believed the Kool-Aid the press have fed them (and it's in her interests to do so) since the post Dixon wrecking ball really built up a head of steam.

My bet - she has not got a clue and is grasping at straws.

Referring the post above about TWU having the 'whip hand'. I agree, but that to me, is a given. What will be the VERY interesting part is how the battle lines are drawn. I know how'd I'd play it in Vanessa's shoes - what I'm interested in, is how she does actually play it. I am confident she doesn't posses the knowledge to understand what it is she's done. If anyone has any information into (non confidential) but stance like positions taken by either side - I'd LOVE to know.

So far, I've seen NOTHING that gives me any confidence about Qantas 'returning' because I haven't seen anything from Vanessa that even suggests she has an inkling of what Qantas was - despite her being there since '94.

Last edited by V-Jet; 22nd Sep 2023 at 08:01.