PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 01:16
PowerPedal

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by admikar
How dare you! To compare Rotorway to our Hill-god of all things flying?
Power pedal, you are one of the rare few buyers that actually admits that Hill overpromised. So far, he fell short on timeline (some of it admitedly not his fault) and price (with new pricing model increasingly looking like snake oil sales pitch). We still have to see if performance promises will materialize. Last time I checked, all of us were taking shots at any other manufacturer that was talking bull to the public. Just because some people have invested their money into this is no good reason for the rest of us to shut up about the bull coming from Hill's mouth.
Anyway, while he is taking new path, nothing we have seen so far is actually new technology. And while we do have 2 or 3 somewhat finished shells, all the important bits are still missing (yes, I know parts are being made as we speak). Without even taking into the account that those important bits have to work as a whole by themselves and with other important bits, there is a long way ahead.

And somehow supporters of Dr. Hill seem to overlook that all of GOM club members actually said multiple times that we would love to see this helicopter get off the ground.
Sounds like we are reaching common ground Admikar.
I’m probably going to head over to England in early Dec to see the 2 prototypes at the launch.
i would be very surprised however if mine (serial # 174) gets delivered before the end of 2026.
in the meantime ill be enjoying my EC120- but not enjoying Airbus support or my servicing costs!