PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2023, 18:23
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 772
The LGW-ACC is curious and definitely a wait and see route as to what BA do with it medium term
Exactly and that's why I mentioned it in my previous post.

We are all aware of the fact that the newly formed national airline for Ghana as in Ghana Airways are looking at operating to London with their fleet of three brand new B789s. An official announcement is due shortly. Whether they are able to obtain slots at LHR is another thing but I have no doubt that they will eventually gain slots ar LGW.

Is the reason for British Airways to resume LGW-ACC to increase capacity on the route without using valuable slots at LHR. Or has British Airways struck a deal with the Ghanaian authorities to operate LGW-ACC so that a potential Ghana Airways ACC-LGW route can operate without any objections regarding to any service to or from LHR.

I'm sure we will know in due course and I believe that it's going to be announced before the end of the year. Ghana Airways flying from Accra to London and I'm fairly certain that the London airport will be LGW rather than LHR.

Perhaps the above is the actual reason why British Airways are resuming LGW-ACC.

Regardless of all that it's great to see another long haul destination as well as another intercontinental country being added to the airports route portfolio.