PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2023, 17:11
PowerPedal

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
PowerPedal: can you share with us what your affiliation with Hill Helicopters is?
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I am getting a feeling of 'promoter' as I read your inputs to this discussion.
haha no affiliation. Just a private helicopter pilot from Sydney that owns an EC120 and has a deposit down on a HX50, I’m not Jason Hill if that what you’re getting at!! 🤣

I’m realise the HX50 program has a lot of risks- In- house engine development for one is a very risky undertaking, a path that no other heli manufacturer has taken, and for good reason! And I’m pretty much ignoring Hills timeframe estimates because as we all agree they are completely unrealistic.

However I’ve been reading this forum now for many months and just dismayed by the constant negativity coming through and feeling compelled to say something. It’s hard for me to understand how a bunch of helicopter pilots (I’m presuming everyone here actually does fly helis??) can be so ready to knock a new heli offering. There’s so much to like about this design and the philosophy behind it, esp for the private owner.