PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ RPPP (regional pilot priority process)
Old 21st Sep 2023, 05:29
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
As per my original post, I acknowledged it’s only a small minority and most have no issues. Jets aren’t “harder” and neither are T-Props. They’re simply different and the examples I gave are common areas where the few are struggling. But I stand by my comment of Jets being less forgiving if you fall behind, and yes, I have sat in the LHS of both.

The training system has been robust enough for the last 20 odd years with failures being extremely rare, until they removed the filter and it’s increased 10 fold.
What filter do you speak of? was that the dreaded "jet" interview?
Pray tell how a sim assessment can really identify a training risk when there is a good chunk of info in an existing training file.
The amount of hubris evident in your comments El Zilcho suggests that you have either lost touch with reality or, more likely have an axe to grind over TP pilots being less than worthy......
Perhaps it's worth remembering that training failures are just as much the responsibility of the programme and the trainers as they are of the candidate. A 10 fold increase in failures suggests the programme isnt fit for purpose, rather than an issue with the trainees.
FWIW I've also trained plenty experienced TP pilots through jet transitions, and the issues you've mentioned have all arisen, funnily enough root + cause and a little EBT ensured a pass rate well above 99%.
Perhaps the robust system (or culture) you speak of requires a little bit of modernization
The following 2 users liked this post by haughtney1: