PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2023, 05:56
1A_Please

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by V-Jet
IF there is any hope that Hudson might change her spots - that mediation will be the place. It would be FASCINATING to be a fly on the wall.

I am not a Union fan and my personal opinion that Joyce is far less of a Union bashing thug than a greedy, entitled, nasty little bully who cares as much for Qantas as a leech does for its victim. Union offering negotiation the whole way was a very clever tactic for as much as what the outcome will be as to the attitude in the room.

If the outcome is positive for staff it’s not necessarily a complete change of heart but a good start.

If the negotiation or discussions are as I think most would suspect then the future does not look (so) great.

How about some ‘UR NOT OK Richard & Alan ’ T Shirts for the AGM??
I suspect the TWU knows it holds the whip-hand in these negotiations. The judge has already indicated that he has had enough of QF's delaying tactics so QF won't want to end up with a court mandated settlement. QF needs to settle and move on. From a PR point of view, mediation suits Qantas; the last thing they want is to be seen attempting to screw over staff in a public forum.