PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joyce ‘retires’ early 👍
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2023, 03:07
blubak

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Shark Patrol
I can’t imagine what sort of personal hell Alan Joyce is enduring at the moment.

I was in Singapore en route to London the day he was appointed CEO of Qantas, and I was so furious, I couldn’t sleep prior to that long, overnight flight. Some were prepared to give him a chance. Others, like me, felt that this cost-cutting one-trick pony would destroy the full-service brand in favour of his Orange fiefdom. The only surprise was that it took him 15 years to accomplish his mission. And he almost got away with it!

Then the travelling public, after years of suffering through the inevitably deteriorating product on offer from a once-proud icon, saw Alan Joyce for what he really was - a driven hatchet-man who put profit above all else and, while destroying the conditions and morale of his loyal, long-suffering staff, reaped millions for himself. Suddenly, the Emperor had no clothes and, to avoid the inevitable media pursuit, he scuttled off home to Ireland. I doubt whether he’ll be back … unless he decides to comply with a subpoena. In the years ahead, he may well become the next Christopher Skase. If he does return, he will be a pariah.

His life must now be hell. Just imagine, no surrounding coterie of ass-kissing sycophants to tell him how infallible he is and how he truly is a corporate Messiah. His mobile phone, a repository for the personal numbers of a multitude of politicians, celebrities and media people, now probably rarely rings. If he eventually tries to call some of them, they’ll probably let it go straight through to voicemail. Sure, he has millions in the bank, but a narcissist of his calibre would have placed a far higher value on the planned two-month back-slapping tour of the world to assure him of his greatness.

I know it’s a few days too late, but R U OK Alan? I sincerely hope not, because your chickens have finally come home to roost. Enjoy!!

I feel better now!!
Brilliantly summed up!
May i say i think the only thing you missed was to include his attributes as a union busting thug who closely aligned himself to Willie Walsh of BA fame.
A brave coward who quickly forgot his upbringing in 1 of the slum suburbs of Dublin.
The following users liked this post: