PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 19th Sep 2023, 12:17
dg_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in my HSC year and am looking at applying to take part in the Rex Cadetship in 2024.

I've certainly heard some mixed reviews about the Cadetship but am keen to hear a bit more...especially from anyone who has undertaken the cadetship themselves or is/has been employed at Rex.

1) How does this cadetship compare to the others offered? It is better or less so, and why? Are there any others I should consider?

2) What range of salary does Rex offer to cadetship pilots once graduate onto the 340? Does this differ from their other pilots/pilots with similar experience?

3) Does the Cadetship not including an ATPL compromise future prospects?

4) Regardless of what the brochure says regarding command upgrades, how long would this typically take?

5) Also want to confirm how many hours/year I could expect after coming out of the cadetship? How does this compare to elsewhere?

6) Are there any additional or hidden costs related to the cadetship or employed with Rex - I've noticed it is $50000-80000 cheaper than some other cadetships with guaranteed employment.

7) Curious also about the contract, as it seems to get a bad wrap...is anyone able to elaborate?

Looking forward to hearing back, thank you in advance for your help!