PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2023, 10:55
Angle_of_Attack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planner01
Whitetail and Newly Qualified Pathway are basically direct entry but with the A320 type rating bonded and deducted over X years. The academy has a lower salary because you'll be repaying the bond which I guess will be a 25k deduction over 4 years. The salary for all these pathways will likely be direct entry FO salary minus a given bond repayment. Academy entry will have higher bond repayments and therefore more of a deduction form the base FO salary. I spent years running similar programmes in recruitment at an airline so fully understand how it works.
Plus, everything I've said above is what they said on the Teams calls. They have explicitly said that the bond isn't being repaid from your salary, and explained what the cadet salary is, what allowances to expect, and how the salary will increase.
I'm not here to argue with you or insult your experience in recruitment, just simply repeating what has been said by the recruitment team. If you hold an opinion contrary to this, that's entirely your right.