PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 18th Sep 2023, 20:02
glenb

Received 83 Likes on 38 Posts
Slippery Pete

Sitting here in pancake parlor about to have my first pre work coffee and attend to some correspondence when I came across your post.

First, let me very sincerely thank you. I appreciate the insights, and i take them board with the good intent that they were sent. Cheers.

I don't really know how to explain this, but many people don't 'get me". Thats not to say that they don't like me, but they think that my way of thinking is a bit different.

I spent three years in Youth Justice working in an extremely explosive and dangerous environment, armed only with my mouth and a good pair of running shoes. The running shoes never got used for their intended purpose.

I am naïve, but every conflict can be avoided through two criteria. "Clear expectations" and "good intent." Every single one of them. It's been a fundamental principle of mine, and I've drilled it into my kids from a young age. Well intentioned communication solves everything.

Legal action is seriously a complete failure of everything that i believe in, and it will just truly break my heart if there is no other way but effectively get into a fist fight. This entire matter will then drag on far longer i believe, that will be the CASA tactic. It is after all their greatest weapon. We have seen how CASA has prolonged the Ombudsman investigation to become perhaps the longest in the history of that office i suggest.

Saying that, I have established contact with perhaps the most appropriate lawyer in Australia for this matter and expect to hear back today or tomorrow.

I have taken legal advice on this before and be assured that a claim that I am making has challenges attached to it. It is not easy, and CASA Employees are very well protected. Compounding this is the argument that CASA will promote, and that is that there was no harm caused to me, as the business was effectively given away in June 0f 2019, when CASA determined that all personnel must also be employees, which effectively meant that all but one base were forced to discontinue operations. The argument being that the "business" was the victim, not Glen Buckley.

Legal action is not in anyone's best interest, and best avoided.

Saying that I am pursuing it with determination and will let you know whether this particular firm is able to assist me. I will find out today or tomorrow.

I will continue to pursue the path of "good intent" in the interim, until it is exhausted, as it almost is.

Just to recap on my opening, i genuinely appreciate the feedback whether it be positive or negative, as long as it is well intentioned as i know yours was, cheers. Glen