PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-3
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2023, 15:57
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly, I had the opposite experience. My wife and myself entered the lounge at about 5.45pm last Monday evening. There was very little hot food, which soon disappeared and a very limited choice of cold food. I did ask if the hot food was to be re-stocked and was told that more was being prepared. I saw several people walk up to the counter looking for food, but there was none. At about 6.50 pm they started to bring more food out, almost one hour after I had asked. By that stage almost no pax left. They brought out a large pot of potato cubes at 6.55 pm as we were were leaving the lounge for our flight. At that stage there was only one more departure, Easyjet to Gatwick. We have seen comments on the web from other pax who had the same experience as us. Not good when you have paid £30 approx to be there.

Our son travelled over on the 7am Easyjet to Gatwick on the Tuesday morning to meet us. He arrived at the airport about 5.50am to find the queue for security started outside up the side of the building. By the time he got through security his flight was boarded and he was one of the last to board. AS the airport pursue more services from Easyjet, they will quickly ruin the reputation they had built as the small, friendly, hassle -free, quick security airport. Everything that Belfast International wasn't, we were told.