PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 18th Sep 2023, 08:55
Slippery_Pete

Received 380 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by glenb
15/09/23

Dear Jonathan,

Thankyou for advising me that those documents have been requested, and that the investigation is underway.

As you are aware I am alleging that a small group of Senior CASA Employees worked collaboratively to bring harm to me personally, noting that most of those individuals have now left the employ of CASA, although a small number do remain., and most notable of those being Mr Aleck, and Mr Brad Lacey. I also believe that other CASA employees chose to collude through their "inaction".

These are the most serious of allegations as you will appreciate, and most particularly because of their respective roles of the particular Government Department that they work in. i.e. the Civil Aviation Safety authority (CASA)

As with any investigation an important first step is to ascertain motivation.

Can you advise me if the investigator is aware that I believe that Mr Edwaeds actions were part of a more collaborative and collusional approach by the most senior CASA Executive to abuse their significant power and bring harm to me personally?

Could I also respectfully request that you advise the Investigator that I will be in Canberra for a meeting with CASA on Tuesday 3rd October, and could make myself available on either the Monday 2nd October in the afternoon or Wednesday 4th October in the morning if a face to face meeting could be facilitated.

As an afterthought that has just occurred to me, that perhaps you could put to the Board.

As an alternative to the potentially unnecessary approach of involving lawyers, could a consideration be that the independent investigator attend that meeting as an alternative to any lawyers? Could that option be put to the CASA Board.

Regards, Glen Buckley
Please understand this is written with the greatest empathy for what you’ve been through. My comments come with good intentions, with a genuine desire to see you find your desired ending.

Having said that, I have to be completely honest:

Glen, what the hell are you doing?

You’ve been told for 3+ years to lawyer up and stop pissing in the wind. And now you’ve finally got there - you offer them a get out of jail free card with this BS nice-guy offer??

What exactly is driving this sort of behaviour? Is it a desperate need to be seen as a victim to garner support? Is there someone in your personal life you’re desperately trying to prove your incorruptibility to?

Make no mistake about it, they’re going to snatch these sorts of opportunities to continue avoiding facing the music.

I just cant understand why someone would keep on willingly doing what you’re doing.

Genuine question - how many more times will they need to screw you over before you realise they aren’t going to play by your rules. YOU CANT NICE THEM TO A SOLUTION.

They say the definition of stupidity is trying the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result.

You’ve indicated in several posts how this saga has taken years and years away from your life/happiness. Isn’t it time you drew a line under this for yourself and your family?

Retract the offer.
Take your lawyer.
Drop the nice-guy act.

Good luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by Slippery_Pete: