PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - interview tips for bmi
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2004, 00:00
pollypocket36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMI Inteview and co info

Hi there, I started working for bmi in Feb 2000. I've had some really great times here at bmi and would recommend it to anybody. Fair enough, we have our long and short days, but who doesn't? The crew are fantastic and everybody is made to feel very welcome. The training and training course are second to none. The trainers are fantastic and you will have a great time.

The rosters do vary from month to month with an average of about 4-6 n/s per month. Sometimes more, somethime less. I'm on all the LHR aircraft so I probably get a few more. The money is very good even when you start. You will take home at least £1050-300 most months within the initial 6 months, depending on the amount of n/s you get. You get a payrise after 6 months , then another after a year.

Concessions are very good. After 6 months you are able to have ID 90s with bmi, Virgin and a dozen others. Then, 6 months later you can travel with whoever you wish. You are able to put 5 extra people on your concessions who are able to use the bmi network on standby and confirmed.

Promotional aspects are very good compared with that of BA and Virgin. You are able to apply for Supervisor after 6 months and the money is very good.

THE INTERVIEW: The usual team work exercises and alot of talking and interaction. The interviewers do watch you all carefully so be prepared. Just be yourself and don't be too overbearing. In the 2-1 interview you will be made to feel very relaxed. Generally, the day is very plesant but difficlut. Good luck and let me know how it goes. When is your interview??

Just a tip for the interview- don't mention British Midland they like to be called bmi.