PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Forgotten Modular ATPL Student
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2023, 20:05
ManFlex40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FuturePilot_123
Hi guys,

It would appear that most cadetships this year (except the initial TUI MPL scheme) have excluded Modular ATPL students from applying.

I am assuming there are many other students like myself with minimal financial backing, but have made a conscious effort to obtain a PPL, and embark on the ATPL journey.
Being considered as over qualified for cadet opportunities, and also under qualified for schemes such as BA's Whitetail programme (CPL ME IR and UPRT required to be eligible), I see a disadvantage in the window of opportunity for modular students.

I am a determined modular student, working full time, with a mortgage and bills to pay - I will still struggle to make it to the flight deck without taking a significant loan to cover latter parts of my training.

I'm sure there are many other people in the same boat as me, so I though this thread would be useful to discuss any upcoming opportunities for modular students with some ATPL exams under their belt!
Loganair
TUI
DHL
BA CityFlyer
WizzAir
BA Euroflyer
Jet2
Eastern Airways

All airlines that have taken on people like you, and indeed me, without asking for a penny for type rating.

BA are tagging Modular guys and girls at Skyborne, LE, L3, CAE and FTE.

Get your blue wallet and suck it up that we didn’t have mom and dads house to re-mortgage; the opportunities are there.