PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2023, 10:08
Matt5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OltonPete
It doesn’t get any better, the Zante has already been pushed back again as well. They decided to fly the spare aircraft empty to Salzburg rather than Zante to operate the last inbound Manchester.Priceless. The logic will be why delay another 189 pax and alienate them and pay more compensation rather than get the Zante pax to their destination earlier when their holiday is ruined already.

I am sure TUI ops are working their backsides off trying to get things sorted but it just looks like they are trying to do it on the cheap and not for the passengers benefit which is possibly harsh.
Yes I’d heard about the Zante delay also, they’re held up in the same hotel we are.

Similar situation that you mention with the spare aircraft to Salzburg as us, TUID arrived in BHX in time to be able to get us to TFS on the first rescheduled flight (the one TUKM was brought in for, but ended up doing nothing), but it flew a Palma instead.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t wish for knock on delays and upset to anyone else’s holiday or travel plans at my expense, but it certainly feels we (and others like the Zante flight) are suffering further at the expense of not alienating others, as you’ve appropriately said.

I like to consider myself a reasonable and level headed person, I do not blame TUI for circumstances beyond their control like aircraft going tech, but I do blame them for not doing enough to get people where they are meant to be, it’s been over a day since we should have been at our destination, surely by now there should have been an aircraft chartered in to get people on their holidays, but I guess it’s all about the cost.