PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2023, 09:09
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bhx

Originally Posted by Matt5
As far as I’m aware that right is available when the flight is delayed more than a handful of hours.

The dilemma is though we’re in a situation where the goalposts keep moving as we’ve had our flight cancelled, and then the replacement cancelled too. After the first 24hr delay you think about it, and then accept that you lose a day off your holiday, these things happen, you’ll claim the compensation and still enjoy the best part of 6 days. Then the second delay comes and by that point you’re already there and waiting anyway. With the benefit of hindsight knowing you’re looking at 35hrs+ delay you might look at it differently.

Plus, as you say there’s holiday time booked off work etc.

It would be interesting to know that as they’ve cancelled our flight number twice now, whether we would be eligible to claim two lots of delays.

It appears that TUIC is coming to our rescue, but that’s got to do a MAN to IBZ return and then reposition to BHX in order for that to happen, and it was an hour late leaving MAN on the first leg, so let’s just see how that goes. On the face of it not a lot of moving parts but on yesterday’s form, who knows.

I would have thought a more robust plan would have been to bus us up to MAN and depart from there, but then I’m sure that people much more knowledgeable than I am would highlight why that isn’t so.
It doesn’t get any better, the Zante has already been pushed back again as well. They decided to fly the spare aircraft empty to Salzburg rather than Zante to operate the last inbound Manchester.Priceless. The logic will be why delay another 189 pax and alienate them and pay more compensation rather than get the Zante pax to their destination earlier when their holiday is ruined already.

I am sure TUI ops are working their backsides off trying to get things sorted but it just looks like they are trying to do it on the cheap and not for the passengers benefit which is possibly harsh. It is mid September I am surprised they have not been able to sub in aircraft. Did they ask Jet2 to use their spare aircraft at BHX (somehow pride probably prevented that) but of course we will never know the issues ops are having. From the outside looking in it looks a total and utter mess but no doubt a different story the other way round.

I would not get a coach anywhere unless on the way back from holiday and needed to get home as they have proved without doubt they can’t be trusted. Always contentious as well as it is not always done for the passenger’s benefit.

Pete