PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huey Incident ?
Thread: Huey Incident ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2004, 22:42
Danger Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing wrong with mooning the opposition

It reminds of an age old Chopper tradition to moon any flypast! Greatest satisfaction though was knowing you had a jet jock behind the controlls

Just been speaking to a colleageu of mine who worked on a free-lance base for some time at the Waterfront in the Cape. Apparently the owner of the Huey, within his first few days of starting business at the Waterfront, approached a whole group of the then pilot and operators who had been standing together. His recollection is that before even introducing himself, the owner had promised to close down, if not buy out all the other operators within a matter of months. And that was a few years ago . My colleague said the arrogant and aggressive approach did not go down too well with all concerned.

So if all is to be believed, it would seem like this could be a slight case of sleeping in the bed (read environment), you make for yourself. Hence the blatant over eager antics of the opposition to slate this Huey and it's operation.

That in no way condones any forms of sabotage; and IF that can be proved to be the case, then I hope they throw away the key !

Congrats to the pilots concerned for putting her down safely.