PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA Pakistan shutting down on next Friday..!!??
Old 14th Sep 2023, 12:33
Lonewolf_50

Received 433 Likes on 273 Posts
Originally Posted by Superpilot
Let it fall. It's used by the corrupt elite as a cashcow. The country needs a revolution, I sincerely hope a bloodless one is enough. Current bandits and goons running the country imprisoned their ex PM on trumped up charges and are delaying elections. West is silent (and complicit).
Strike-through of irrelevant material are mine. Would you stay on topic, please? PIA operated for any number of years with various prime ministers coming and going.
Number of operational planes reduced to 16 from 23: official. Boeing, Airbus suspend spare parts supplies to airline. PIA planes stopped at Gulf airports over fuel non-payment.
This isn't the only airline to have run into a problem like this.
... a top official of the national flag carrier has warned that flight operations are feared to be suspended by September 15 if emergency funds are not provided, Geo News has learnt.
National flag carrier has 23 jets, now can only run 16 of them. I suppose one could argue that this is a prestige hit / loss of face.
I suspect that it's bad management (and I don't doubt your point on corruption) coming home to roost.